Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
With the hearty combination of oats, apples, bananas, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and a touch of maple syrup, these delicious breakfast muffins make morning meals easy.
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup rolled oats + 2 tbsp for topping
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds + 1 tbsp for topping
1 tbsp flax seeds
3 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup banana, mashed
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
½ apple, peeled, cored and diced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Select the Steam Conv. mode and set the temperature to 375°C. Press Start/Set to preheat the oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and flax seeds.
- In a big bowl, combine olive oil, maple syrup, egg, mashed banana, milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry to the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the diced apple.
- Oil two 6 muffin cups pans and divide the mixture evenly, filling about two-thirds of each cup. Sprinkle each muffin with the remaining oats and pumpkin seeds. Place the two trays on the two levels of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes in the tray and then place the muffins on a cooling rack until fully cooled.