Steamed Mussels in White Wine
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
This seafood delicacy is a set it and forget it dish that requires only a handful of simple ingredients. Enjoy this eloquent ensemble of shallots, garlic, parsley and white wine that brighten and balance the delicate seafood flavors, as well as compliment the plump and juicy texture of the mussels.
1 lbs mussels
4 sliced bacon, diced
2 shallots, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup parsley, chopped
⅓ cup white wine
- Select the Auto Cook Setting #7 “Steamed Scallops” for 17 minutes. Ensure the oven water tank is full.
- Rinse the mussels well under cold water. Pick them over, pulling off any beards and discarding any mussels that are broken or gaping open.
- In an 8inch Dutch oven over medium high heat, cook the bacon for four minutes or until golden colored. Turn off the heat, mix in the shallots, garlic, parsley and white wine. Add the mussels and stir.
- Place in the oven. Press Start/Set.
- Serve immediately with garlic bread.