Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Add this tropical-inspired dish to your dinner entourage with this flavorful sweet blend of crispy coconut flakes and juicy shrimp.
1 lbs shrimp, thawed
½ cup flour
½ cup coconut milk
2 limes, zest and juice
1½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp ground ginger
Optional garnish: lime, fresh herbs and cocktail sauce
- Select the Auto Cook Setting #10 “Fried Shrimp with Bread Crumbs” 1 level for 12 minutes. (remove with 4 minutes left on the timer).
- Butterfly the shrimp: cut halfway through the back, stopping at the tail, so they’re able to stand tail up. Pat dry with paper towel.
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, egg, coconut milk, lime zest and juice to form a smooth batter.
- On a plate, combine coconut flakes and ground ginger.
- Dip the shrimps in the batter followed by the coconut flake mixture. Place on the baking tray tail up.
- Spray with cooking spray and cook for 12 minutes.
- Garnish if required.