Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 1 Loaf
Perfectly moist and packed with an elegant lemony flavor, this beautifully glazed poppy seed-speckled delight is not only delicious but super easy to make.
1½ cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, room temperature
2 lemons, zest and juice
¼ cup milk
1 tbsp oil
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
Optional garnish: lemon zest
- Select the Steam Conv. mode and set the temperature to 375°F. Press Start to preheat the oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together with a wooden spoon. Add eggs and stir until combined. Add lemon zest and lemon juice, and milk. Slowly pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until just combined.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with oil and pour in batter.
- Place on the lower rack position of the oven. Set the timer for 45 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick to ensure that the loaf is fully cooked. Let rest in the pan for five minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, combine icing sugar and lemon juice to make the icing.
- Slowly pour the icing on top of the cooled cake, add lemon zest if required. Let sit for five minutes until the icing hardens. Serve and enjoy.