Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 40 minutes
Yield: 4 Halved Potatoes
A fluffy bed of creamy baked potato mash covered in a blanket of melted cheese, sizzling bacon and sprinkled chive can only mean one thing: loaded potatoes. Try out this classic stuffed twice-baked potato recipe for a foolproof side dish that never fails to please.
2 russet potatoes
4 strips of bacon, sliced ¼ inch thick
½ block cream cheese
¼ cup chives, chopped
Salt and pepper
½ cup shredded cheddar
Optional garnish: sour cream, chopped chives and bacon bits
- Select the Convection mode and set the temperature to 375°F. Press Start/Set to preheat the oven.
- Pierce potatoes a few times with a fork and then wrap in foil. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- In the meantime, preheat a frying pan on medium high, and cook the bacon. In a bowl, combine cream cheese, chives, bacon and salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are ready, unwrap them carefully as they will be very hot. Cut them in half, scoop out ⅔ cup of potato from each side, keeping the skin whole. Add the potato to the cream cheese mixture and mash until combined.
- Divide the mixture in between the four potato skins and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for an extra 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Garnish if required and serve immediately.